We’re committed to making product-led growth easier for you.
And since you’re likely using a bunch of different tools in your tech stack to deliver a seamless product experience, that means connecting to an ecosystem you’re already familiar with. 🤗
That's what our Appcues <> Zapier integration is all about, but we wanted to make that relationship even more valuable. So, we did! Now with newly added triggers, our integration lets you build even more Zaps to save time and automate manual workflows.
About the Appcues <> Zapier Integration
Our integration with Zapier lets you connect to 5,000+ products to 10X your product experience. Automate repetitive tasks or trigger changes in one platform based on new information in another. That’s simpler, easier product-led growth. 💪
Appcues can be used as either a trigger or action in a Zapier workflow.
- Triggers start a workflow—for example, when a new NPS response is submitted, you send the score to a Slack channel.
- Actions complete a workflow—for example, updating a user property in Appcues based on the status of a user’s payment method. Then, you can target a prompt in-app to update their payment method.
What’s new in the latest version of the integration?
The refreshed integration is now:
- Built with more triggers. As we mentioned, more triggers = more Zaps. We’ve added 10+ new triggers to connect Zapier to even more Appcues offerings. You can now build zaps based on users who start, skip, or interact with Checklists, Pins, and mobile Flows. You can also trigger zaps based on users who enter a segment.
- Is easier to use. You no longer have to go find and plug in a Flow ID, now we just present you with a list of Flows for less back-and-forth work. (You can also start connecting using your public API key.)
And the best news? If you’re currently using the integration, you won’t lose any of your existing Zaps. Simply upgrade to the new version to see all of the new triggers and continue on with your work.
The best ways to leverage Appcues and Zapier together ⚡
We get it–when an integration is this powerful, it can overwhelming to get started. Fear not! Here are some of the most popular ways customers use the integration broken down into three parts: the trigger, the action, and the purpose behind the Zap:
1. Get cleaner data by letting it automatically flow from one tool to another
2. Save time and resources by automating your manual and repetitive tasks
3. Create visibility for your teams, triggering immediate action
4. Collect data in the tools you prefer for faster analysis
As you can see in this post, the possibilities really are endless. If you can dream it, you can Zap it. Have a creative way you are using the integration? We’d love to hear it!